Thursday, February 10, 2011

Favorite Scripture.....

After a wonderful Seminary lesson last night, I've got another fave scripture. my first fave is the 13th article of faith (and, before you ask, it was my fave before they used it for the youth theme this year) my new one is D&C 110:3-4

if any of you have paid attention to your scriptures, (I know I have a hard time sometimes) you'll know that D&C 110 is after they dedicated the Kirtland temple. did you know that it only them 3 years to finish it? while it took them 40 years to build the Salt Lake temple. Yeah, there had been complications with the S.L and it was bigger and more elaborate, but for having no construction workers or machines or technology then, that was really fast work on the Kirtland temple. After it was built and dedicated, who was the first visitor? simple: Jesus. verse 3 describes him. Really, you should look it up. verse four is what he first said. He came, and he accepted the Temple as his. the next visitor was Moses, then Elias. they restored the Keys from their dispensations. Elijah was the last visitor. if I remember correctly, he restored the Sealing Power.

The Lord needed this temple built so that he could restore some very big, important things. I personally find section 110 very interesting.


I got some great pix last night from Grandma. Congrats to Jake and Cara, you both look so happy.

Love you! hope you enjoyed the Scripture History lesson
ta ta for now!
Alice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoy your blog Celina. Thank you so much for the effort and thoughts you put into it. It is full of fun and spiritual thoughts. Keep up the good work.

Love,
Grandpa and 'Grandma'