Sunday, January 23, 2011

As to WHY Alice.....

Alright. I've had a few people ask me why my blog is the Alice legacy, and why my nickname is Alice, what my obsession with the name Alice is ect.... so I'm here real quick to answer.

Once Upon a Time...

I think it was the April General Conference (no guarantees, I just know it was a conference that year) in the year 2007. that time, we'd gone to the church to listen to it. we had some visitors stop in, with a girl who looked to be around my age. Me, my attention span for conference was still kinda, well, zilch-ed out after the first half hour, and I was really curious about this newcomer. so I wrote her a note telling her my name, asking hers, if she was visiting or moving here, how old she was, yada yada yada. then I chickened out, and I couldn't give it to her. So, being resourceful, I did the next best thing. I made Angus give it to her. it worked. she sent it back saying her name was Maddie, and they were just passing through. after conference ended, and we were eating lunch, we got to know each other. we exchanged addresses, and soon we started sending letters to each other. we quickly started with email, and sometime during the first year, over emails, she introduced me to her cousin Julie, and around the same time she started calling me Alice. I asked her WHY she calls me Alice, and she said that I remind her of Alice in Wonderland. (I don't see why, even these years later...) I became good friends with Julie as well, and in December of 2008, I was able to meet Julie face to face for the first time, and see Maddie again. I enjoyed it so much. Oh, as to Alice, after she started calling me that, she wouldn't stop, and finally it just stuck. Now I use it in usernames, Blogs, and as my pen name. (Yeah, pen name. I am writing a book, and as soon as I finish it, I'll be writing another. only the difference between the two, the first doesn't have magic, the second will.)

The End

4 comments:

Maddie Cat said...

I don't even remember why I started calling you Alice. I can't believe it stuck! :) I feel special.

Serenity Alice said...

lol. you should feel special. I even put the name Alice on my camp stuff, and my real camp name is actually Sapphire. (I've got that on my stuff too) so I usually go by Alice Spice or Alice Sapphire. (Spice is my pen name) Sapphire's camp. miss ya!
Alice

Julie said...

Aw, I miss you! I can't believe it's been that long that we've known each other!

Anonymous said...

Alice is fun but you will always be our CELINA.